Introduction to Oil Painting Course
SATURDAYS 8TH SEP & 15TH SEP
2 DAY WORKSHOP
9.30am - 4.00pm
This step by step painting course will allow you to effectively ease into the medium of oil while learning heaps about the painting process. You will go home with 2 still life paintings.
Martina has been teaching for almost two decades and has arrived at a teaching method that avoids many of the usual pitfalls beginners unavoidably have to deal with, diverting straight into brilliant results, even if you have never painted before.
We will cover:
- What types of brushes to use
- How to Brush strokes
- How to control blending in oil
- Atmospheric perspective
- light and shade
- The easiest way to paint well
- Avoid the most common mistakes
- How to create a monochromatic underpainting (grisaille technique)
Martina will demonstrate each step.